Embarking on a journey into the world of cybersecurity can be a complex endeavor. The field is vast, constantly evolving, and full of intricate challenges. However, one of the best ways to immerse yourself in this realm is by learning from those who have charted its depths. In today’s world, there are several key cybersecurity speakers who serve as lighthouses in this field. These are experts whose insights, discoveries, and discussions can significantly augment your understanding and inform your career path.
Simply put, if you are new to the cybersecurity industry then these are some of the experts you should be aware of!
- Bruce Schneier: Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist, called a “security guru” by The Economist. He is the author of over a dozen books, as well as hundreds of articles, essays, and academic papers.
- Kevin Mitnick: Once one of the FBI’s Most Wanted because he hacked into 40 major corporations just for the challenge, Mitnick is now a trusted security consultant to the Fortune 500 and governments worldwide.
- Brian Krebs: An American journalist and investigative reporter, Krebs is best known for his coverage of profit-seeking cybercriminals. His cybersecurity blog, Krebs on Security, is a must-read in the industry.
- Mikko Hyppönen: As the Chief Research Officer for F-Secure, Hyppönen has been fighting the biggest malware outbreaks on the net for the past 20 years.
- Keren Elazari: Dubbed “The Friendly Hacker”, Keren is an internationally recognized researcher, author, and speaker on all matters of cybersecurity, her 2014 TED talk, viewed by millions, helped shape the conversation about hackers and their new role in society.
- Tarah Wheeler: A Cybersecurity Policy Fellow at New America, she authored the leading women-in-tech book “Women In Tech: Take Your Career to The Next Level With Practical Advice And Inspiring Stories”.
As you step into the exciting world of cybersecurity, following these thought leaders can provide a rich source of knowledge and inspiration. Their expertise, paired with their ability to convey complex topics in accessible ways, can offer invaluable insights to those new to the field.
Keep in mind that cybersecurity is a rapidly evolving discipline with new voices emerging regularly. Therefore, it’s essential to stay up-to-date by following cybersecurity conference websites, or professional sites like LinkedIn. By doing so, you can continue to learn from the current thought leaders who are shaping the future of cybersecurity.